Recently, I have made a promise to make an extra effort to look for and try products that are truly local and Filipino and share it with you guys so everyone can support Filipino-made products. Hashtag #ForTheEconomy. HAHA
The first shop and product that I came across is Soak Opera and I gave their Natural Lip Balms a try. All of the lip balms are natural- ingredients are readable and easily understood, which I truly love because we have to be more aware and keen of what goes in and on our body. Also, check out my post about how chemicals get easily absorbed from our skin and why we should opt out for natural or organic products.
THE LIP BALM VARIETIES
The Soak Opera Lip Balms come in 3 different varieties:
- Apple cinnamon: Exfoliating
- Cucumber Lemon: Moisturizing
- Pomegranate: Tinted
Now, we are going to look at each product, what it’s made of and the effects that I’ve seen. In trying out these products, I left out my other lip balms, lip scrubs and even petroleum jelly on the nightstand, just so I can see the effects of this trio.
MY LIP BALM APPLICATION SCHEDULE
I use the Apple Cinnamon Lip Balm every night so I can have smooth and fuller lips in the morning. Exfoliated skin means the skin is better able to absorb the products that you put on it.
I use the Cucumber Lemon throughout the day (one or two swipes is enough) or when I feel my lips are starting to dry (especially for days when I don’t drink enough water).
I use the Pomegranate lip balm to just give myself a healthy dose of lip color which is so natural.
IN-DEPTH PRODUCT LOOK
Apple Cinnamon Lip Balm: Exfoliating
Ingredients: Shea butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Golden Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Carrot extract, Beeswax, Brown Sugar, Honey, Flavor
|1. Smells really good, kind of reminds me of Cinnabon’s Cinnamon bread. |
2. I apply a thick film of this before I go to sleep and it makes my lips fuller (less lines and appears pinky soft) when I wake up the next day.
3. Sometimes I use it throughout the day as well but it’s just as good as the Cucumber Lemon variety in hydrating my lips- fuller lips with less lip lines, especially during the wee hours of the morning.
|I can’t think of anything in the moment.|
Cucumber Lemon: Moisturizing
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Golden Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Carrot Extract, Beeswax, Pure Lemon Oil, Flavor
|1. Super light. No greasy feeling on the lips (not like petroleum jelly or the papaw lip balm). |
2. Usable for the whole day and it barely shows- no white film or thick film on your lips.
3. Smells good- a tinge of lemon but not totally overpowering. No fragrance added, so less chemicals!
4. Even when you swipe out the lip balm, your lips will look and still feel moisturized which gives me the opportunity to smile all day long.
|1. Use more than two swipes and it will start to feel heavy on the lips. |
2. Comes off easily especially when you drink beverages, but that’s just like with any other lip balm.
Pomegranate: Tinted Lip Balm
Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Golden Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Carrot Extract, Beeswax, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Flavor
| 1. It is just as good as the others in hydrating your lips. |
2. The smell reminds me of my mom’s lipstick but in a subtler note.
|1. The shade is not right for me so I just put a teeny tiny bit and cover up with the other lip balms for a more natural look. Also hoping that in the future they will present a wider variety of shades.|
Overall, I really love how these products come at an affordable price (Php 150 each and 380 for the whole 3 set) and how one can reap the benefits of good old lip balms without the added chemicals and harm to your health. I will finish this stack and probably restock soon.
Until you read from me again.