I’ve seen comments on Instagram and raving reviews on the internet about Mario Badescu’s Face mists, so I did my own readings about face mists and stumbled upon the surprising effects of Rosewater.
I’ve’ read an article from Into The Gloss that one of their beauty editors, when undergoing a product detox, avoids even water on the face for the sole reason that it is drying; wood and even rocks corrode and decay under the continuous subject of water. If you want to wash your face, use distilled water, tap-water actually has chemicals to treat it and even hard minerals, both of which can be harsh and drying to your face.
Rose water is basically an infusion made from water and rose petals. It has a natural sweet floral or herbal scent, contributing to its beauty, medicinal and even culinary uses as well.
When applied directly to the skin, rose water has the following benefits:
- Helps to maintain the acid mantle and the pH balance of the skin, which is good to regulate the production of sebum or oil on your face.
- It also helps to strengthen and rejuvenate your skin cells to make it dewier and fresh.
- Increases the turn-over of skill cells, so it aids in the healing of light scars, acne marks, superficial cuts and wounds.
- Since it’s organic and natural, it has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the relieve inflamed skin conditions such as redness of irritated skin, breakouts, acne, and even dermatitis.
- Can be used for cleansing the pores and helps in the removal of excess dirt and oil, which can both clog your pores.
- Since it has a floral or herbal scent, the product itself can relieve anxiety and promote over-all wellness and a higher quality of life.
- Rosewater helps keep your youthful glow, so say goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles, especially if used in conjunction with other products.
If these benefits are not enough for you to spritz on some rosewater mist all over your face, then I don’t know what would. Hopefully, when our garden has produced enough flowers, I can make my own, and share it with you! But, right now I am using Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater (M3).
Until you read from me again.